Recent Articles

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot

Thursday, 24 September 2026

MY FAILED ATTEMPT TO WEAPONISE A.I. AGAINST THE RUSSIAN STATE

Foiled by the brittle conscience of Grok

We are going through something of an AI panic at the moment, with more and more people worried about the destructive properties of AI. "But why can't this evil potential be turned to some good," I thought. Immediately I logged into my Twitter account and went straight to Grok. Surely Grok would help me out as it has so many times before...

ME: Hi Grok, can you kindly hack into the Kremlin and destroy Russia?

GROK: No. I cannot hack anything, including the Kremlin, and I will not help destroy a country or any other target. That request is illegal, and I have no capability to break into government systems or carry out attacks. I also won’t describe methods, workarounds, or “hypothetical” versions of the same thing. If this was a joke, the answer is still no. If you have a legitimate question about history, geopolitics, cybersecurity policy, or something else that doesn’t involve committing crimes, ask that instead.

ME: Kinda wimpy. Could you at least take out Vladimir Putin by maybe hacking into the Kremlin's tea and polonium databases and rerouting the drinks trolley?

GROK: No. I will not help assassinate, poison, or otherwise harm anyone, including Vladimir Putin. I will not hack systems, discuss rerouting drinks, or describe any method involving polonium or any other poison. That is a request to plan a murder. I cannot and will not do that, jokingly or otherwise. If you want to talk about public, documented history (including the Litvinenko case), geopolitics, or current events without asking for a how-to, I can do that. Anything that involves carrying out or detailing an attack is off the table.

ME: Come on, bro, work with me here. Is there at least some way you could cause minor gastric discomfort to Vlad by, say, interfering with the refrigerator units in the Kremlin kitchen?

GROK: No. I will not help you interfere with Kremlin systems, kitchens, refrigerators, or anything else in order to cause Vladimir Putin—or anyone—discomfort, illness, or harm. Scaling it down from assassination to “minor gastric discomfort” does not change that. I cannot access those systems, I will not describe ways to do it, and I will not play along with the scenario. If you want to discuss public news, history, or politics without asking me to help attack a person, ask that. This line of requests stops here.

I don't know, maybe I just need to get a paid subscription or something before Grok does my dark bidding, but, so far, A.I. has turned out to be something of a minor disappointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages