Recent Articles

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot

Friday 1 December 2023

THE WEIRDEST THING I KNOW ABOUT MY OLD FRIEND RICHARD SPENCER

Richard, WTF dude?

Back in 2018, Richard Spencer ended our friendship mainly, I think, because I used to berate him on his poor decisions and bad positions. Of course, he was under a lot of pressure and stress at the time, poor lamb! At the time I didn't quite realise how much. 

Some months later, I heard about the rather messy divorce that Richard and his then Russian wife Nina were going through. Unlike with Richard, Nina and I were still friendly. I had met her several times in Japan and had introduced her to one or two people. So, I decided to send her the following message on Facebook -- on the 16th of January, 2019 (at 18:59 hours,to be precise):

Hi Nina, Colin here. Just a message of support, as I'm sure you'll be under a lot of pressure at the moment. Good luck with your divorce proceedings. Hope things work out well for you and the kids.

I was somewhat taken aback by the reply:
 
Hi Colin, Thanks for reaching out and the kind words. I know things will work out in the end. By the way, RS dragged you into our divorce proceedings.

As I couldn't imagine what she meant, I felt I should press a little.

That's interesting...possibly. I am scratching my head here. I assume he's making stuff up.

Nina quickly reponded:

If you're a journalist, then I'll tell you off the record. There is no need for this to be public because it is truly insane.

Obviously she was trying to whip up my curiosity, and wanted some cover for spilling the beans, so I replied:

Go ahead. I keep secrets. My whole thing recently is that Dissident Right leaders should stop using their personal lives as "content."

Nina:

Agreed. Sadly, our Judge refused to seal the filings three times, and it got leaked to the media. At that stage I had to respond.

On record, including the Court hearing, Richard accused you of having an affair with me and fathering my second child. Obviously, I was the faithful one in the marriage, so this was designed as a way to publicly humiliate me. He was asking for a DNA test, and I immediately agreed to put this bullshit to rest. The Judge ordered him to get one, he kept dragging his feet and ultimately made yet another bizarre statement that, having spent time with his son, he now knows the son is his. The trashiest American talk shows would be envious of this.

At the time, I wasn't sure if Nina was telling me this "off the record" or "on the record," but since she says "on record" here and also mentioned that it had already been "leaked to the media," who are apparently just sitting on it. I guess this is all publicly available info. 

But what are we to make of this quaint revelation that Spencer believed his wife had cucked him? 

To me it suggests that (a) things were not going very well in their marriage long before it broke down, (b) Spencer was under a lot of pressure and was cracking up, and (c) that he had such a lack of confidence in his own masculinity that he thought his wife was getting knocked up by his then friend in Japan. All this fits in with other data about the man.

As for being accused of fucking his wife by the leader of the Alt-Right, the movement that weaponised the word "cuck" for metapolitical reasons, well, it's just another funny little piece of Alt-Right trivia. It also colours the way I view Richard. He continues to be an interesting 
character, but he is clearly a deceptive, inconsistent, and rather broken character behind his bold front. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages